Magento Commerce

Show Menu

SHOPPING BAG

You have no items in your shopping bag

We love Debenhams!!

February 25, 2010 / 7 Comments

This is such a breath of fresh air… department store Debenhams has launched a trial of size 16 mannequins in its windows. The store placed the mannequins in its Oxford Street branch in London yesterday. It is asking for¬†customer feedback before extending the trial… lets support them as much as possible so this is a permanent thing!¬† Send us your comments so we can forward on.

Related Posts

7 Comments

• Denise
    February 19, 2010 at 14:10

Yes, I want to see lots more!

• February 19, 2010 at 16:28

Wow, I wish I could go window shopping NYC and see a size 16 mannequin in the window. I am so jealous. Nice to know there is inspiration – even if it is across the pond! Leave it to the Brits to be so hip (and I mean HIP!)

Cat Schuller

• Ruth
    February 19, 2010 at 18:55

Please God the rest of retail follows suit. What hope does a size 22 woman have if the fashion world don’t even acknowledge a size 16 as acceptable ?!

What ever size I am or ever will be I’ll always covet Anna’s designs as they are so innovative and beautiful. I own a fair few pieces and wear them year in and year out, always to acclaim from husband, colleagues and friends.

If I want to go to a meeting or a party or make an impression on a wedding anniversary it’s Anna’s clothes I wear, no question.

Thanks to the team that bring us this wonderful wonderful world of colour, texture and form.

• February 19, 2010 at 20:05

I think this is wonderful!! Yay! I really wish the U.S. would hop on this one! Hope they stay!

• February 26, 2010 at 12:08

This is a long time coming but absolutely a step in the right direction. Through the work I do I see so many women feeling intimidated just walking into shops simply because they are not a size 10/12.

The times are a changing – the window displays should draw more women in – well done Debenhams for stepping up and hearing the voices of the majority of women in Britain – please, please just make sure you keep the clothes glamorous and stylish and don’t frump out on us!!

• Rachel
    February 26, 2010 at 16:43

Totally agree with Debenhams, well done!

• Florence
    March 9, 2010 at 09:47

Finally, something I’ve been wanting to see for years! support you all the way, well done Debenhams!